Sunday, February 6, 2011

Imaginative Bridges

For this blog I'd like to connect the scene from my assigned clip from "My Best Friend's Wedding"  to the art of teaching.
Looking at the way the 'behind the scenes' people brought this scene together made me think about the way teachers bring their random "cast" of students together. There are different people in the scene that each have their own agenda, just like in a classroom. A teacher's job is to find the common bond that will bring the students together as a whole class, not just individual students. The characters had a song and the love for the bride and groom. A teacher has to find that "song" for their students. For my class I think a big thing that brings them all together is our "Compliment Jar." The students have to work together as a class to recieve compliments from the teachers, other teachers, parents, or principal. They know that if they don't come together, they won't fill the jar.
Thr art of teaching relates to the art of directing. The director/teacher have to find a way to bring the actors, classroom, audience, etc. together.

No comments:

Post a Comment